« Back in the swing of things? Not quite | Main | If you are wondering why I am cranky... »

June 28, 2005

Speaking of the couch...here it is

tokyo 005.jpg tokyo 003.jpg

This is my experiment in putting multiple pictures into an entry. The one to the left is my living room, including the infamous couch.

I have written about my couch a few times, and as you may have gathered, it is generally comfortable. But when you sit on it for awhile (you know, for six-seven hours), the cushions start to slip forward. As a result, I have wanted to get a new couch for awhile - something MORE comfortable and with less cushion slippage. But I am useless when it comes to shopping...I cannot make any decisions (or is that jet lag?).

Anyway, the picture on the right is part of the view from my apartment and is only there to see how two pictures look when I put them in the same entry. For the record, it is Hie Jinja, which is the coolest shrine in Japan and where I like to go at the new year. Since that is six months away, we will leave it for now.

Posted by Kirk on June 28, 2005 09:36 AM

Comments

But it is just a regular couch! I think that any couch cushion can slip after 6 hours! Glad you are finally home.

Posted by: terri at June 29, 2005 12:19 AM

I want to see more pictures of your house - the kitchen and bedroom. This is the new kitchen table? How about the wedding chest?

Posted by: terri at June 29, 2005 12:20 AM

congratulations and happiness on your return to tokyo! it is always wonderful to get back home. i speak from experience since we've just returned from visiting rog's dad in california. It's hot here and the a/c went out in the car, so we rented a long bed, 4-door pick-up truck while the car is in the shop and we're buying all that big stuff you just can't squeeze into a two-seater sprorts car. fun but pricey. oh well. next stop--ikea!

Posted by: your sister, sandy at June 29, 2005 06:54 AM

Looks quite nice your aptm. Thought all flats in Japan are small and ugly :-)) You must be either a rich man or just lucky to have found one of the few larger ones ;-)
Like Terry I would like to see the rest of your "villa"

Posted by: EasyRider at July 4, 2005 05:33 AM

will have some more pictures of the flat up sometime soon. it is SO BIG i have a hard time deciding what to show.

Posted by: kirk at July 4, 2005 12:27 PM